HowTo download Tea4CUPS
This page describes the different ways you can obtain Tea4CUPS.
Latest stable release
You can install the latest stable release by doing the following :
- Extract the archive with gunzip and tar.
- Modify tea4cups.conf to suit your needs.
- Copy tea4cups.conf into CUPS' configuration directory, usually /etc/cups/
- Copy tea4cups into CUPS' backends directory, usually /usr/lib/cups/backend/
- IMPORTANT : if you use CUPS v1.2 or higher, ensure that /usr/lib/cups/backend/tea4cups is owned by user root and group root, and executable by user root only (chmod 700).
- Restart CUPS in order for it to detect the availability of Tea4CUPS.
- From CUPS' web interface, create "Tea4CUPS Managed" print queues.
- That's all !
Latest development release
The latest development version of Tea4CUPS is always available from subversion. You can download it by typing the following commands :
$ cd /tmpThen proceed as described in the section above to do the installation.
$ svn co http://svn.pykota.com/tea4cups/trunk tea4cups
$ cd tea4cups