HowTo download Tea4CUPS
This page describes the different ways you can obtain Tea4CUPS.
Latest stable release
The latest stable and Official release of Tea4CUPS is only available after entering an username and password that can be obtained there.
You can install the latest stable release by doing the following :
- Extract the archive with gunzip and tar.
- Modify tea4cups.conf to suit your needs.
- Copy tea4cups.conf into CUPS' configuration directory, usually /etc/cups/
- Copy tea4cups into CUPS' backends directory, usually /usr/lib/cups/backend/
- IMPORTANT : if you use CUPS v1.2 or higher, ensure that /usr/lib/cups/backend/tea4cups is owned by user root and group root, and executable by user root only (chmod 700).
- Restart CUPS in order for it to detect the availability of Tea4CUPS.
- From CUPS' web interface, create "Tea4CUPS Managed" print queues.
- That's all !
Latest development release
The latest development version of Tea4CUPS is always available from subversion. You can download it by typing the following commands :
$ cd /tmpThen proceed as described in the section above to do the installation.
$ svn co http://svn.pykota.com/tea4cups/trunk tea4cups
$ cd tea4cups