PyKota is currently distributed in two different ways :
- You can download it using subversion (aka svn), by typing the following command :
svn co http://svn.pykota.com/pykota/trunk pykota
- Or you can download any new Official version of PyKota and related software as tar+gzip, and sometimes Debian, Ubuntu or RPM packages.
In any case, before installing this software you may want to give a look at the Dependencies
PyKota is made of :
- a CUPS backend
- a generic Page Description Language parser
- command line tools
- some other commands
- a web interface
- a print quota database : currently PostgreSQL, LDAP, SQLite and MySQL (5.x and up) are supported.
- two ConfigurationFiles
- PyKota's reference documentation is there
- PyKota's offline documentation is included in SGML source form (DocBook DTD) in all releases of PyKota. You can compile it into other formats using the appropriate commands.
- PDF and HTML versions are only included in OfficialPackages.
- There's an online FAQ available as well.
- HowTo lists all PyKota related HOWTOs